The Jacksonville Jaguars have selected Trevor Lawrence as their quarterback of the here and now, putting to end the worst kept secret in football circles.
Urban Meyer’s first big move as the architect of an NFL job involves taking a prospect many believed would be the first overall selection the moment he declared for the draft. A National Champion as a freshman, and with just two losses as a starter in college, Lawrence enters the league trying to deliver on the promise attached to the hype he’s had surrounding him since stepping on campus at Clemson.
Jacksonville won’t have time to rest, as they pick again in the first round at #25 overall among their ten current selections in this year’s draft.
- First Round Highlights and Blockbuster Trades: 2021 NBA Draft Night Results
- New Orleans Pelican Jaxson Hayes Arrested After Alleged Brawl With Police
- Former NFL Defensive Back T.J. Ward Blasted On Social Media After Attacking Ron Rivera For Having Cancer
- Simone Biles out of Olympic gymnastics team competition in Tokyo
- LeBron James Is Now The First Active Athlete To Earn $1 Billion
- Cleveland Indians announce new team name
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Credits Kobe Bryant’s “Challenge” For Bucks Winning NBA Championship
- Zach LaVine Not On Team USA Flight To Tokyo After Being Placed In Health & Safety Protocols
- NBA Finals: Bucks, Giannis look to close out Suns in Game 6
- U.S. Tennis Star Coco Gauff Pulls Out of Tokyo Olympics After Testing Postive For COVID-19