Did he or did he not touch the plate?
In a Sunday night televised game against the Atlanta Braves and Philadelphia Phillies, a controversial replay challenge in the ninth inning had the sport world calling to get rid of replay.
Phillies third baseman Alec Bohm slid home as Braves catcher Travis d’Arnaud attempted to tag out, and pushes Bohm’s leg aside which appears to miss the home plate.
Plate umpire Lance Barrett called Bohm safe, though replays showed he might never have touched home plate. After a 10-minute long review of the video challenge, the ruling on the field was upheld.
The Phillies would eventually win the game off the run in a 7-6 wild victory over the Braves.
- WFNZ’s 20th Annual Street Turkey’s Event Presented By RAM Pavement
- Tre Lamb: Our Guys Are Ecstatic About Making The FCS Playoffs
- Steve Smith: Carolina Needs A QB Who Says I And Not We
- Back to Square One at Quarterback as Panthers fall 13-3 to Baltimore
- Details Emerge On The Harsh Penal Colony Where Brittney Griner’s Imprisoned
- LeBron James Gets Called Out For Lying By Jalen Ramsey: “You Be Cappin'”
- Voice of The Voiceless Kyrie Irving Could Return From Brooklyn Nets Suspension Sunday Against The Memphis Grizzlies
- Mike Hill: Biff Poggi Is Not Coming To Charlotte To Be Average
- Kevin Durant On Kyrie Irving Controversies: “I’m Not About To Tell A Grown-Ass Man What He Can And Can’t Do”
- UVA Football’s Final Home Game of The Season Canceled Following Deadly Shooting
- Bruce Feldman: Biff Poggi Helped Change The Culture At Michigan