Did he or did he not touch the plate?
In a Sunday night televised game against the Atlanta Braves and Philadelphia Phillies, a controversial replay challenge in the ninth inning had the sport world calling to get rid of replay.
Phillies third baseman Alec Bohm slid home as Braves catcher Travis d’Arnaud attempted to tag out, and pushes Bohm’s leg aside which appears to miss the home plate.
Plate umpire Lance Barrett called Bohm safe, though replays showed he might never have touched home plate. After a 10-minute long review of the video challenge, the ruling on the field was upheld.
The Phillies would eventually win the game off the run in a 7-6 wild victory over the Braves.
- Panthers Improve To 3-0, But At A Punishing Cost
- Panthers in national spotlight versus Houston Thursday night
- She Got Game: Malika Andrews Is The Host Of ESPN’s New Daily NBA Show
- Green Bay Packer Aaron Jones Recovers Pendant Containing Dad’s Ashes After Losing It During Touchdown
- Baltimore Ravens Pay Tribute To Michael K. Williams With Omar’s Whistle From ‘The Wire’
- Sha’Carri Richardson Responds to Usain Bolt Telling Her To “Be Focused and Not Say Too Much”
- Panthers Earn First 2-0 start since 2017 with dominant win over Saints
- Early division showdown for the Panthers against the New Orleans Saints
- UNC meets Virginia in South’s oldest rivalry
- Panthers Sack The Jets To Earn Season-Opening Victory