Did he or did he not touch the plate?
In a Sunday night televised game against the Atlanta Braves and Philadelphia Phillies, a controversial replay challenge in the ninth inning had the sport world calling to get rid of replay.
Phillies third baseman Alec Bohm slid home as Braves catcher Travis d’Arnaud attempted to tag out, and pushes Bohm’s leg aside which appears to miss the home plate.
Plate umpire Lance Barrett called Bohm safe, though replays showed he might never have touched home plate. After a 10-minute long review of the video challenge, the ruling on the field was upheld.
The Phillies would eventually win the game off the run in a 7-6 wild victory over the Braves.
- Steve Raible – Panthers Pass Rush Will Challenge Seahawks
- Ross Chastain Previews A Wild 3 Race Stretch In The Playoffs
- WWE Spins The Block, Ditches Fox To Bring Smackdown Back To USA Network
- Bryce Young Not Expected to Play vs. Seattle, Stage Set For Dalton
- Jake Delhomme – There Was Always Going to be Growing Pains
- The Rebound Podcast: Jay Bilas
- Is It Time to Reset Our Panther Expectations Or Throw Them Out Completely?
- Mike Kaye – Panthers Are Undergoing Philosophical Rebuild
- Coco Gauff’s US Open Final Was The Most-Viewed Women’s Major Tennis Final On ESPN
- Steve Smith Previews The Panthers-Saints Primetime Showdown
Panthers Fans Calling Jaycee Horn a Bust Amid Latest Injury
Jake Delhomme - There Was Always Going to be Growing Pains
Looking for a job? Radio One Charlotte Job & Recruitment Fair
Did We Expect Too Much From Bryce Young?
Panthers End Opener With More Questions Than Answers In Loss
The Bryce Young Era Begins in Carolina!
Should The Panthers Be Willing to Trade Andy Dalton?
Concerns Growing Around Drake Maye?