Did he or did he not touch the plate?
In a Sunday night televised game against the Atlanta Braves and Philadelphia Phillies, a controversial replay challenge in the ninth inning had the sport world calling to get rid of replay.
Phillies third baseman Alec Bohm slid home as Braves catcher Travis d’Arnaud attempted to tag out, and pushes Bohm’s leg aside which appears to miss the home plate.
Plate umpire Lance Barrett called Bohm safe, though replays showed he might never have touched home plate. After a 10-minute long review of the video challenge, the ruling on the field was upheld.
The Phillies would eventually win the game off the run in a 7-6 wild victory over the Braves.
- ‘We Were Supposed To Be A Statistic’ | ESPN’s Jalen Rose brought to tears in tribute to late mother
- Reports: Tim Tebow to sign 1-year deal with Jacksonville Jaguars
- J. Cole To Play For Rwanda In Basketball Africa League
- Panthers rookie Jaycee Horn to wear No. 8 jersey in honor of Kobe Bryant
- Floyd Mayweather and Jake Paul Get Into Physical Altercation At Press Conference
- Tokyo Olympics Ban Athletes From Wearing ‘Black Lives Matter’ Apparel
- Jordan Brand Signs First Player From The Philippines, Kiefer Ravena
- Charlotte Knights baseball is back in uptown after 615 days
- Washington Wizards Make Bold Statement With New Team Photo
- Jaycee Horn Tells Kyle Bailey His Goals Heading Into His Rookie Year