The Carolina Panthers trade for Sam Darnold in return for a 2021 sixth-round pick and second fourth-round pick in 2022, ESPN reports.
The Panthers had been looking to upgrade from quarterback Teddy Bridgewater since the end of last season. Carolina had offered Bridgewater to the Detroit Lions for Matthew Stafford, however that deal did not fall through. Also, the Panthers had their eyes on Deshaun Watson, league sources say, before the Houston Texans quarterback was accused of sexual assault and inappropriate behavior in multiple different lawsuits.
In three seasons with the Jets, Darnold went 13-25 as a starter, with 45 touchdown passes and 39 interceptions. He completed 59.8% of his passes and never finished above 26th in passer rating.
He finished as the NFL’s lowest-rated passer in 2020 (72.7), 36th out of 36 qualifying quarterbacks. His career passer rating is 78.6, which ranks 39th out of 39 since 2018.
What are your thoughts on this trade?
- ESPN Announces Full List Of Nominees for 2022 ESPY Awards
- Kyrie Irving Confirms His Return To The Brooklyn Nets For The 2022-2023 NBA Season
- Hornets Bring Back Steve Clifford As Head Coach
- Brittney Griner Selected As Honorary WNBA All-Star Game Starter
- Hornets Draft Mark Williams At #15; Trade #13 Pick Duren to Detroit
- A Random Woman Tried To Kiss Steph Curry During Warriors’ Championship Parade
- NBA Champion Steph Curry Is Helping Other Aspiring Athletes Level Up In New Snapchat Original Series
- Deshaun Watson Reaches Confidential Settlements With 20 Sexual Assault Accusers
- Kyrie Irving Reportedly Held His Own Practices After Steve Nash Held Team Practice Sessions
- Houston Baptist Star Darius Lee Shot & Killed While Attending A Gathering In New York City