According to reports, Carson Wentz will undergo surgery on Monday (August 2nd) to remove a bone in his foot and may miss between 5-12 weeks.
The injury according to Colts head coach Frank Reich is an old one, possibly from High School that has gotten “worse.” Now we will see if Wentz will be available by at least week 2 of the 2021-22 NFL season when the Colts play the Los Angeles Rams on September 19th.
Wentz spent five injury-plagued seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles before being traded to the Colts for a 2021 Third-round draft pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick. The trade reunited Wentz with Coach Reich who as the offensive coordinator helped the QB play like a potential MVP, leading to lofty expectations this season. As of now, 2nd-year QB Jacob Eason will take over the starting role in Wentz absence with rookie Sam Ehlinger and former Green Bay Packers QB Brett Hundley behind him.
Meet The Rookies: Here Are The Indianapolis Colts 2021 NFL Draft Picks
1. Round 1, Pick 21: Michigan Defensive End Kwity PayeSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Kwity Paye Highlights2 of 14
3. Round 2, Pick 54: Vanderbilt Defensive End Dayo OdeyingboSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Dayo Odeyingbo Highlights4 of 14
5. Round 4, Pick 127: SMU Tight End Kylen GransonSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Kylen Granson Highlights6 of 14
7. Round 5, Pick 165: Florida Safety Shawn DavisSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Shawn Davis Highlights8 of 14
9. Round 6, Pick 218: Texas Quarterback Sam EhlingerSource:Getty 9 of 14
10. Sam Ehlinger Highlights10 of 14
11. Round 7, Pick 229: Charleston Wide Receiver Mike Strachan
11 of 14
12. Mike Strachan Highlights12 of 14
13. Round 7, Pick 248: Penn State Guard Will FriesSource:Getty 13 of 14
14. Will Fries Highlights14 of 14
Report: Carson Wentz To Undergo Foot Surgery, Out 5-12 Weeks was originally published on hot963.com