The King will be changing his jersey number from No. 23 back to No. 6 next season. We all know what LeBron James did while wearing No. 6 with the Miami Heat.
Source tells The Athletic’s Shams Charania and Tim Cato that James is expected to return to his single digital number after “Space Jam: A New Legacy,” which will be released next month.
James wore No. 6 with the Heat and won an NBA championship in 2012 and 2013. He then went returned to No. 23 after signing back with the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2016.
When James joined the Los Angeles Lakers he continued to wear No. 23.
LeBron considered giving up the No. 23 jersey to Anthony Davis when he joined the team in 2019. Davis also wore No. 23 when he was with the New Orleans Pelicans. But James could make the switch due to sponsorship reasons.
Undoubtedly, LeBron had some memorable moments in No. 6. I guess you can say it’s time to run it back!
- LeBron James’ ’13 Championship Jersey Becomes One Of The Most Expensive Game-Worn Jerseys Of All Time
- Robert Horry Ejected From Son’s High School Basketball Game After Heckling Refs
- Jake Delhomme: Frank Reich Was A Really Good Hire For Carolina
- Amy Trask: The Panthers Now Have To Get Settled At QB
- Brooklyn Nets Taking Their Sweet Time To Offer Kyrie Irving A Contract Extension
- Panthers hire Frank Reich as new head coach
- Randy Mueller: I Could Get With The Panthers Hiring Frank Reich
- UNC looks to extend win streak vs. Syracuse
- Ed Reed Will No Longer Coach Football For Bethune-Cookman University After Trashing HBCU: “They Don’t Want Me”
- Snoop Dogg & Pete Davidson Named Captains For 2023 NFL Pro Bowl