The Charlotte Hornets clinched a spot in the postseason play-in tournament.
The Hornets lost to the Denver Nuggets Tuesday night but on account of the Chicago Bulls’ loss at home to the Brooklyn Nets, Charlotte secured a spot in the play-in round.
They still can finish anywhere between seventh and 10th in the Eastern Conference. The Hornets ended the night tied for eighth with the Indiana Pacers, holding the head-to-head tiebreaker with three games remaining.
The Hornets will close out their regular season against the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday, May 13.
NBA play-in games are set to begin May18 through May 21. The Hornets face off against seventh seed Boston Celtics. The winner of that game will clinch a playoff spot as the seventh seed. The date for this game has not yet been determined.
- WFNZ’s 20th Annual Street Turkey’s Event Presented By RAM Pavement
- Well, That Settles It: Draymond Green Explains Why LeBron James Is Better Than Michael Jordan
- Panthers waive Baker Mayfield after 7 games
- Charles Barkley Calls Kevin Durant “Insecure,” The Brooklyn Nets Star Calls Him A Clown On Twitter
- Nia Long Recounts How “Devastating” Ime Udoka’s Affair Was For Their Son
- ACC Title on the line for Tar Heels
- 20th Annual Street Turkeys Final Donation Tally
- LeBron James Calls Out Reporters For Not Asking Him About The Jerry Jones Photo
- Shane Beamer: There’s A Lot Of Momentum For Us Right Now
- USMNT Captain Tyler Adams Gives Classy Answer After Getting Grilled On Discrimination
- Odell Beckham Jr. Kicked Off Airplane, Lawyer Blames “Overzealous Flight Attendant”