The Charlotte Hornets clinched a spot in the postseason play-in tournament.
The Hornets lost to the Denver Nuggets Tuesday night but on account of the Chicago Bulls’ loss at home to the Brooklyn Nets, Charlotte secured a spot in the play-in round.
They still can finish anywhere between seventh and 10th in the Eastern Conference. The Hornets ended the night tied for eighth with the Indiana Pacers, holding the head-to-head tiebreaker with three games remaining.
The Hornets will close out their regular season against the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday, May 13.
NBA play-in games are set to begin May18 through May 21. The Hornets face off against seventh seed Boston Celtics. The winner of that game will clinch a playoff spot as the seventh seed. The date for this game has not yet been determined.
- Panthers Improve To 3-0, But At A Punishing Cost
- Panthers in national spotlight versus Houston Thursday night
- She Got Game: Malika Andrews Is The Host Of ESPN’s New Daily NBA Show
- Green Bay Packer Aaron Jones Recovers Pendant Containing Dad’s Ashes After Losing It During Touchdown
- Baltimore Ravens Pay Tribute To Michael K. Williams With Omar’s Whistle From ‘The Wire’
- Sha’Carri Richardson Responds to Usain Bolt Telling Her To “Be Focused and Not Say Too Much”
- Panthers Earn First 2-0 start since 2017 with dominant win over Saints
- Early division showdown for the Panthers against the New Orleans Saints
- UNC meets Virginia in South’s oldest rivalry
- Panthers Sack The Jets To Earn Season-Opening Victory