The Charlotte Hornets clinched a spot in the postseason play-in tournament.
The Hornets lost to the Denver Nuggets Tuesday night but on account of the Chicago Bulls’ loss at home to the Brooklyn Nets, Charlotte secured a spot in the play-in round.
They still can finish anywhere between seventh and 10th in the Eastern Conference. The Hornets ended the night tied for eighth with the Indiana Pacers, holding the head-to-head tiebreaker with three games remaining.
The Hornets will close out their regular season against the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday, May 13.
NBA play-in games are set to begin May18 through May 21. The Hornets face off against seventh seed Boston Celtics. The winner of that game will clinch a playoff spot as the seventh seed. The date for this game has not yet been determined.
- LeBron James Responds To Manager Maverick Carter Reportedly Admitting To Placing Illegal NBA Bets
- Mike Florio: Hard to Imagine Tepper Changing
- Bronny James Cleared To Return To Basketball After Cardiac Arrest & LeBron Will Skip Lakers Game To Watch Debut
- Hornets end road trip on winning note in Brooklyn
- 21th Annual Street Turkeys Raised Over $42,200 & 10.8 K Pounds of Food
- Tom Pelissero Says Reich Move Was Coming For Weeks
- Joe Person Stops By Wes & Walker
- Hunter Bailey Recaps 49ers 2023 Season
- Hornets lose final IST game to the Knicks
- Scott Fowler Joins Wes & Walker
Steve Smith Sr. Weighs In On Frank Reich's Firing
Steve Smith Sr. Reacts To Another Panthers Loss
Joe Person Breaks Down What's Next For The Panthers
Charlotte FC Unveils Atrium Health Performance Park
Reich's Decision to Keep Young in Sunday's Game a Confusing One
Mac & Bone Show Reacts to Reich Firing
Panthers Fans Out on Bryce Young After 1-7 Start
LaMelo Ball injured in Hornets loss to the Magic