The Charlotte Hornets clinched a spot in the postseason play-in tournament.
The Hornets lost to the Denver Nuggets Tuesday night but on account of the Chicago Bulls’ loss at home to the Brooklyn Nets, Charlotte secured a spot in the play-in round.
They still can finish anywhere between seventh and 10th in the Eastern Conference. The Hornets ended the night tied for eighth with the Indiana Pacers, holding the head-to-head tiebreaker with three games remaining.
The Hornets will close out their regular season against the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday, May 13.
NBA play-in games are set to begin May18 through May 21. The Hornets face off against seventh seed Boston Celtics. The winner of that game will clinch a playoff spot as the seventh seed. The date for this game has not yet been determined.
- The Panthers are starting back at the beginning with Sam Darnold
- Bismack Biyombo shares the moment he knew LaMelo Ball was going to be special
- LeBron James changing to No. 6 from No. 23 after Space Jam
- Study: Kyrie Irving Named ‘Most Hated’ NBA Player In North Carolina
- Thomas Davis offers cash reward to find burglars who broke into his garage
- Showtime Offering Fans Refunds Over Mayweather/Paul Fight
- Officially GOAT’ed: Simone Biles Wins 7th National Championship
- Heart donor found for son of former Panther Greg Olsen
- Heart donor found for Former Panthers Greg Olsen’s 8-year-old son
- NFL Promises to Stop “Race-Norming” in Billion-Dollar Settlement That Assumed Black Players Had Low IQ