The long-awaited trade that had been lingering for some time during the offseason has finally happened.
The Carolina Panthers trade Quarterback Teddy Bridgewater to the Denver Broncos for a 2021 sixth-round draft pick, according to ESPN sources.
An ESPN source told Adam Schefter the Panthers will pay $7 million to Bridgewater, while the Broncos will pay him $3 million.
The Panthers traded for QB Sam Darnold earlier this month leaving the question of what was next for 28-year-old Bridgewater.
Bridgewater started 15 games for the Panthers in the 2019-2020 season. He threw for 3,733 yards last season and had just 15 touchdowns on the season. Bridgewater ranked fifth in the league among regular starters.
ALSO READ: Panthers to wait until after NFL Draft on Sam Darnold’s fifth-year option
ALSO READ: Panthers likely to take offensive lineman in first round, experts say
- The Potential Fallout From The LIV & PGA Tour Merging
- Where Do Panthers Go At EDGE With Leonard Floyd Gone?
- Wes & Walker Discuss Ron Sanchez Stepping Down
- The Super Regionals are Set for the NCAA Baseball World Series
- How The NBA Draft Could Be A Big Boost For The Hornets
- Adam Finkelstein Joins Wes & Walker to Discuss the #2 Pick
- Miami Heat Legend Udonis Haslem Speaks Up Against Ron DeSantis’ Book Bans & Gun Laws: “I’m Not Down With It”
- Daron Vaught Joins The Mac & Bone Show to Discuss NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Has The MLB Been A More Watchable Product This Year?
- Charlotte FC Lose Second Straight, Fall 4-2 in Columbus
Should the Hornets Really Explore Trading LaMelo Ball?
Charlotte FC defender Anton Walkes dies following Miami boating accident
NCAA Champ Angel Reese Strips Down For Sports Illustrated’s Swimsuit Issue, Twitter Hypes Her Up
Drake & Future Slid Into NCAA Champ Angel Reese’s DMs In Celebratory Fashion, Twitter Goes Too Far
Michael Jordan looking to sell majority stake in Hornets, reportedly
Bobby Lutz Heading Into Charlotte 49ers Hall of Fame
Sam Amico: Charlotte Eyeing Scoot Henderson at #2
Drake Seeks Rare LeBron James Trading Card Worth Millions In New Netflix Series