Naomi Osaka is withdrawing from her second consecutive Grand Slam tournament – but says she’ll be back for the Olympics.
On Thursday, Osaka’s agent released a statement that the No. 2 world-ranked player would skip Wimbledon to spend “personal time with friends and family”. The 23-year-old “will be ready for the Olympics and is excited to play in front of her home fans”.
Earlier this month, Osaka withdrew from the French Open after the first round, citing her mental health after she was fined for refusing to speak to the media.
Wimbledon is scheduled to begin June 28th.
- Warriors’ Coach Steve Kerr Calls Out Senate Republicans In Impassioned Speech Following Robb Elementary Shooting
- Nathan Brown: Jimmie Has A Shot To Win In Indy If He Has A Perfect Day
- Dwyane Haskin’s Medical Examiner Report Reveals Even More Details Surrounding His Tragic Death
- EXCLUSIVE: Makur Maker Has No Regrets About His Decision To Go To Howard & Is Still Betting On “The Long Game”
- White Sox’s Tim Anderson Accuses Yankees Josh Donaldson of Making A “Racist” Remark
- Former NFL Superstar Michael Vick Reportedly Is Coming Out of Retirement
- The Warm Up: J. Cole Signs With Scarborough Shooting Stars of the Canadian Elite Basketball League
- Deion Sanders Responds To Nick Saban Accusing Jackson State Of Paying $1 Million To Top Recruit
- Lil Wayne Responds To Dallas Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban, “Don’t Make Me Get U Smacked Boy”
- Charlotte Hornets Will Pick 13th And 15th in 2022 NBA Draft