The Panthers’ newly acquired QB Sam Darnold spoke to the media Monday about his departure from the New York Jets and his excitement to get going in Carolina.
Darnold admitted it was tough moving on from the team that drafted him and even tougher with uncertainty the past three months while the New York explored quarterback options.
“That was tough. I’m not going to lie,” Darnold said Monday in his first public comments since the Jets traded him a week ago. “That was the tough part for me, just because … I’m a planner. I like to have things planned out and what the next step was going to be.
“The uncertainty there was, for lack of a better term, driving me insane.”
Head Coach Matt Ruhle in a press conference Monday said the Panthers believe in Darnold’s skillset and his approach and they think he’s going to play at a high level.
“You see his arm talent,” he said on a Zoom call. “I don’t think there’s a game you watch where he doesn’t make a play that makes you say, ‘There it is.’ He can fit the ball into tight windows and create with his feet. He moves around a ton. He extends plays with his legs.
“His arm talent and movement are a great fit for the players we have here that he’ll be playing with.”
RELATED: Carolina Panthers trade for New York Jets QB Sam Darnold
RELATED: Multiple teams interested in trading for Teddy Bridgewater
- The Potential Fallout From The LIV & PGA Tour Merging
- Where Do Panthers Go At EDGE With Leonard Floyd Gone?
- Wes & Walker Discuss Ron Sanchez Stepping Down
- The Super Regionals are Set for the NCAA Baseball World Series
- How The NBA Draft Could Be A Big Boost For The Hornets
- Adam Finkelstein Joins Wes & Walker to Discuss the #2 Pick
- Miami Heat Legend Udonis Haslem Speaks Up Against Ron DeSantis’ Book Bans & Gun Laws: “I’m Not Down With It”
- Daron Vaught Joins The Mac & Bone Show to Discuss NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Has The MLB Been A More Watchable Product This Year?
- Charlotte FC Lose Second Straight, Fall 4-2 in Columbus
Should the Hornets Really Explore Trading LaMelo Ball?
Charlotte FC defender Anton Walkes dies following Miami boating accident
NCAA Champ Angel Reese Strips Down For Sports Illustrated’s Swimsuit Issue, Twitter Hypes Her Up
Drake & Future Slid Into NCAA Champ Angel Reese’s DMs In Celebratory Fashion, Twitter Goes Too Far
Michael Jordan looking to sell majority stake in Hornets, reportedly
Bobby Lutz Heading Into Charlotte 49ers Hall of Fame
Sam Amico: Charlotte Eyeing Scoot Henderson at #2
Drake Seeks Rare LeBron James Trading Card Worth Millions In New Netflix Series